Apple is all set to launch its next big OS update, iOS 13. The OS update is expected to launch with some great new features along with improvement in the existing features. In this article, we are going to talk about upcoming iOS 13 from all the perspective, which will answer many of the questions.
iOS 13 release date
As a standard launch format iOS 13 will be launched in September 2019, along with new iPhones.
We expect some of iOS 13’s new features to be detailed at the beginning of June 2019 during Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference, with a release in September 2019 alongside the new iPhones.
We have estimated the 2019 iPhones will be announced around 10 September 2019 so we expect iOS 13 to hit your iPhone or iPad in that week.
Rumours about iOS 13
Bloomberg has claimed iOS13 will introduce a dark mode option – like the feature available in macOS Mojave. The dark mode feature is claimed to be for “easier night time viewing”.
Other features expected to arrive with the iOS13 build include changes to the CarPlay interface, improvements to iPad file management and new iPad specific features including a new Home screen and the ability to tab through multiple pages in an app, as you can with a browser.
There’s also talk of Apple working on a gaming service, TV streaming service and news subscription service, all of which could potentially arrive around with iOS13.
Expected features of iOS 13
Apple’s iOS has evolved significantly over recent years and while it isn’t as customisable as Android, it still delivers a great experience.
Often with major software features, you don’t know what you want until you get them, but there are a couple of little things we’d like to see in iOS13:
- Secure group FaceTime calls
- Widgets on the home page
- Adaptive Home Screen icons (moving clock, current weather etc)
- Singular inbox
- Ability to resize icons in the Control Centre
- Ability to access Wi-Fi and Bluetooth menus from Control Centre
- More conversational Siri
- Split-screen multi-tasking on iPhone
- Ability to change default apps
- Customisable status bar
- Always on display
- Animoji app
- Improved Downtime support
- Family app or multiple logins
- Support for multiple users on iPad
- Ability to add a mouse to iPad
- Apple Watch unlocking for iPad
- External storage support for iPad Pro through USB Type-C
- Apple Pencil support for larger iPhone models