Apple has launched the iOS 12 for eligible devices on 12th September and today the Apple will roll out the updates worldwide.
iOS 12 release date is September 17 and though Apple doesn’t officially announce a release time, based on past years, iOS 12 release time should be around 10 am PST / 1 pm EST. That would make iOS 12 release time in India at 10:30 pm on Monday, September 17.
In this article, we are going to talk about the steps how you can download the update on your device.
How to download iOS 12 on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
If you don’t want to use iTunes, the following steps will help you download and install iOS 12 on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Before you proceed, we suggest backing up your device.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update. This will begin the process of checking for updates on your iOS device and you will see the iOS12 update in a bit.
- Tap Download and Install.
- This will start the process of downloading iOS12. The speed obviously depends on how fast your Internet connection is. Note that this needs Wi-Fi and cannot be done over a mobile data connection.
- When the download is complete, tap Install.
- Tap Agree when you see Apple’s Terms and Conditions.
- Your iOS device will restart and iOS 12 will be installed.
How to download and install iOS 12 via iTunes
As long as you have a PC or a Mac that is connected to the Internet, you can easily update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iOS12. Before you proceed, we suggest backing up your device and then follow these steps to install iOS12.
- If you don’t have iTunes already, you can go here and install it. Once that is done, open iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer via the charging cable.
- On iTunes, your device’s icon will show up near the top-left. Click that icon. You might have to unlock your device for the icon to show up.
- Click Summary on the left pane in iTunes.
- On the right pane, you will see a button labeled Check for update. Click that.
- Once it finds the update, click Download and update and follow the on-screen instructions to guide you through the rest of the process.