In One of the rare cases with Apple device, it has been reported that iPad battery explodes in the Amsterdam Apple store and released harmful chemical substances.
As per the report, the store was evacuated as a precautionary measure and three employees who reportedly experienced trouble breathing were treated.
“Due to the chemicals potentially released, the store has been closed as firefighters work to ventilate the space and clear out any harmful vapours,” 9to5Mac reported on Sunday.
The staff placed the iPad immediately into a container with sand and called the firefighters. It is unclear if the tablet has burst into the flames.
The city’s fire brigade had subsequently arrived on the scene, and the Leidseplein store was evacuated. Business resumed by 3 PM, and customers were allowed back in.
Although Apple hasn’t often found itself in the news over exploding products, it did make headlines back in January, when an iPhone battery overheated and caused the handset to explode at a showroom in Zurich – causing minor burns to a repair worker.
Firefighters were called and they dealt with the iPad and made sure the shop was properly aired.
The shop has now re-opened. Amsterdam’s fire brigade tweeted that it had attended the incident and three people had been treated for breathing problems.
A Dutch media site said staff in the store had initially dealt with the fuming iPad by putting it in a sand-filled fire bucket.
This reportedly quelled the fire but not before some of the potentially harmful irritants had been released.
Apple is all set to launch the new iPhone’s in next month along with new 13-inch MacBook which has been talking of the town. Apple is also expected to launch the new iPad along with other devices this fall.
Recently Apple was in news for removing 25000 Apps from the Chinese App Store, these were mainly gambling Apps.