iPad Mini 5

It was 2015 when Apple has last launched the iPad Mini, it was known as iPad Mini (4th Generation), the upgrade of the device is long due and now it seems that Apple is working to upgrade the iPad Mini line-up. As per the reports, Cupertino-based company has already finalised the design of iPad Mini 5, internal hardware and if reports from China as to be believed, it has even given nod for contract supplier to make to displays for the tablet.

DigiTimes citing reliable sources have confirmed that Apple has asked General Interface Solution (GIS) to produce 40 percent of the display panels, while TPK Holding will handle the rest (60 percent) of the requirements for the iPad Mini 5.

Apple is slated to unveil iPad mini 5 along with the standard iPad (2019) during the spring event around March-end or early April.

“Apple reportedly plans to launch two entry-level tablets in the first half of 2019,” DigiTimes writes, “including a fifth-generation iPad mini and another entry-level iPad model, said the sources.”

Also Read:  Apple blocked Facebook and Google Apps due to privacy norms

Specifically, this would mark the launch of the iPad Mini 5 as well as what would technically be the seventh standard iPad of its kind, or the iPad 7. Apple hasn’t updated the former in almost four years; the latter, on the other hand, was just refreshed in March 2018.

Actually, today you can still buy the 7.9-inch iPad Mini 4 for a higher price than the latest 9.7-inch iPad with Apple Pencil support. So, yes, Apple sorely needs to update the Mini line at the very least.

The report only goes as far as suggesting that the new models exist and that they could likely arrive during the first 6-months of 2019. There is no additional information provided on the hardware in terms of capabilities or features but it’s highly unlikely that those new entry-level models would come with advanced technology, such as Apple’s Face ID offering which is now present in the iPad Pro models.

Also Read:  Xiaomi to launch Mi Mix 3 5G variant ahead of OnePlus?

There would also be no support offered for Apple’s second-generation Apple Pencil hardware. Still, as a product offering, a new iPad mini 5 would likely hit the sweet spot for a lot of consumers who simply do not need what the iPad Pro offers.

This step of Apple should also be evaluated through the rough phase company is going. Currently, company sales of iPhone’s are going down in the growing market like China and India because of the price factor. Launching the devices with low prices tag can help Apple increase their revenue.

About Admin

Rahul is the founder and content producer at Viral Mobile Tech. He loves technology and mobile more than anything else. His 80% time goes in Playing with technology and reading about the new stuff. Exploring new technology is his passion.

You reach can him on rahul@ViralMobileTech.com.

Similar Posts