According to me, one of the biggest advantages of being a OnePlus user is to get the timely software updates and features enhancement through these updates. Recently rolled-out the Android 9 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T and Android 9 for OnePlus 3 and 3T is expected to soon. Today OnePlus has rolled out the new OxygenOS open beta version for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T.
For OnePlus 6 company has rolled out Open Beta 10 while for the OnePlus 6T it is Open Beta 2. Specifically, Open Beta 2 and 10 include a reworked screen brightness control and improvements to how the operating system adapts the colour of the navigation bar to match third-party apps. OnePlus has also tweaked the user interface of call history section of the Phone app, as well as a variety of new features to its Gallery app.
Open Betas upgrade allow OnePlus device owners to check out the company’s latest software before it becomes available to mainstream users. Of course, the flipside is that Open Beta software is often less stable than the company’s mainstream releases.
OnePlus will push Open Beta 2 and 10 to users who already have OxygenOS open beta software installed on their devices via an over-the-air update. If you want to check out what OnePlus is doing with its beta software, instructions on how to Open Beta software on your OnePlus device can be found on the company’s website.
OnePlus has rolled out Android 9 Pie for OnePlus 6 users in September 2018 and continuous improvements and add on features are part after that. While OnePlus 6T comes with the latest Android 9 Pie out of the box.
Complete Changelog for the update
- Improvements for screen brightness control
- Confirm pin without tapping √ for app locker
- Improved color adaptation for navigation bar when using third party apps
- General bug fixes and system stability improvements
- Added the caller identification feature (For India only)
- Improved UI for Call History
- Added create a collection, copy and move photos features
- New illustrations and design on blank pages
- General Bug fixes and overall experience improvements
- Added recommended tools in Toolbox
- Improved UI for category tags in app drawer